Hey everyone! I am so, so, so sorry that I haven’t posted in FOREVER! I was so incredibly busy, what with school ending and all! 🙂 But I’m back (hopefully for good)! And what’s more, I am super excited to share this post with you, because, as you may have guessed, I LOVE SUMMER. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT. LOVE with a capital L (and O, V, E too)!
Aaaaaaanyhoo, before I spontaneously combust from overexcitement I should probably get right to the post!
(Disclaimer: There are many, many, many, many…yeah, you get the idea – there are a LOT of reasons why I love summer. These are just my top ten! Oh and also, be prepared for a whole lot of exclamation marks!!!)
10. Flowers! For some reason – I don’t know why – flowers are just prettier in summer! Flowers are everywhere, too. I love that you can find entire fields full of beautiful wildflowers, but it’s also great that you don’t need a huge meadow to see flowers. Some of my favorite flowers are the tiny ones that appear on the sidewalk or in my backyard without me planting them. And summer is the perfect time to go looking for flowers!
9. Colors! There are so many beautiful colors everywhere we look, and I feel like everything just seems more colorful in the summer, with all the sunshine. The colors are there all year round, but I think I appreciate the colors more during summer. Summer is a great opportunity to experience and discover new colors, as well as sounds, smells, and tastes.
8. Traveling! Traveling is one of my favorite things in the entire world! Exploring new places, discovering fun things to do far away from home, and adventuring to new and exciting destinations are my idea of a good time! I absolutely love flying! I always take the window seat, because the feeling of soaring through the sky is unlike any other. I absolutely adore the sensation of seeing the world drop away beneath the plane and knowing that I am headed towards a new adventure.
7. The Fourth of July! The Fourth is such a fun holiday, and it’s smack in the middle of summer, so that’s one of the things I love about this season! I love getting together with family to celebrate, grilling outdoors, and setting off fireworks. Fireworks are so beautiful, and I think lighting up the sky is so much fun. There’s also great food around Independence Day, which is always a huge plus! 🙂
6. Watermelon! Yes. Watermelon gets its own category. When I think summer, I think watermelon. Watermelon is SO STINKING GOOD. It’s juicy and sweet and crunchy…I mean, what more could you ask for? It’s also pretty! (Green and pink look great together!) To be perfectly honest, I think watermelon is more photogenic than I am! Overall, watermelon is one of my favorite summer snacks.
5. Sunsets! Sunsets are so, so, so beautiful! I love how the sky is blue during the day, and then once the sun begins to set, almost like magic, it completely changes color! The sunset paints the sky a whole slew of colors, from red to pink to yellow to orange to purple! I just love the beauty in sunsets, and summer is the ideal time to see them!
4. Ice cream! Okay. Confession time. So ice cream is, like, the best. It’s my most favorite dessert. Ever. I have quite a sweet tooth, so I’ll say I love all different desserts, depending on what I’m eating at the moment :), but I always come back to ice cream. I love how it can be sweet and creamy, or tangy and fruity. There are soooooo many options with ice cream, and I’m always up for experimenting with unique and unusual flavors. Ice cream is also one of the perfect summer desserts, because not only is it delicious, it cools you off as well!
3. Beach days! Yes. Yes. Yes. I adore the beach. And you canNOT have a list of summer faves without the beach. That’s practically blasphemy. I love everything about the beach, from lounging on a towel to building sand castles to looking for shells to body surfing to swimming! There are endless options! And they’re all fun! In my opinion, the days where you’re in you’re swimsuit all day, where you’re sandy until the sun sets, or where sand and surf are the whole world for a little while, are some of the best in summer. 🙂
2. S’mores! Man, I can’t even say how good s’mores are. There are just no words for it. They are the perfect combination. Warm graham cracker base? Check! Melted, gooey chocolate goodness? Check! Sticky, sugary marshmallow? Check! I don’t just love to eat s’mores – making them is so much fun too. Curling up around a campfire with friends, wrapped in blankets, maybe singing a few campfire songs, telling stories, talking, laughing, and of course, making s’mores. So much fun!
1. Summer vibes! I’m talking about that incredible feeling. You know, the one you get when you just wake up one morning, and you realize that you don’t have to go to school. It’s the first day of summer and you can see it stretching out ahead of you, in that endless, beautiful laziness. Or when you’re happy for no reason, simply because it’s summer! Happens to me all the time. 🙂 It’s probably the hugest reason I love summer – that unexplainable summer feeling. Those summer vibes 🙂