Hey everybody! Happy Sewing Saturday! I absolutely adore these super cute headbands – don’t you? Not only are they adorable, but they are also super easy, quick, and fun to make! You don’t even really need to know how to sew well! It’s just a couple of straight seams, and you’re done! Plus, they make a great back-to-school accessory!
You will need:
- A long strip of fabric, between 29 and 30 inches long, and about 6 inches wide (pretty much any fabric will work for this, but I chose silk)
Let’s get started!
- First, fold the strip of fabric in half lengthwise (hot dog style), with the right sides together, and pin it.
- Sew a straight seam right next to the raw (rough) edges of the fabric, taking the pins out as you go. You now have a long tube.
- Turn the tube inside out. It should look something like this. At this point, you can iron the tube if you want, making sure the seam is in the center back.
- Turn the edges of the tube inside, and use a zigzag stitch to secure it, sewing over the edge of the tube.
- Yay! That’s it! In five easy steps! Now tie the headband around your head. It will look like an adorable little bow! Congratulations, you now have an adorable accessory to brighten up those dreary days at school!