You will need:
- One sheet of regular printer paper
- One 8″ by 11″ sheet of card stock, any color
- Scissors (I used special scissors to create a wavy edge, but regular scissors work just fine, too)
- A glue stick
- A pencil
- An eraser
- LOTS of multicolored sharpies, but if you don’t have those, you can use colored pencils or crayons
- Fold the sheet of card stock in half. Then cut the sheet of printer paper so that it’s just a little smaller than the front of your card.
- Now it’s time to choose your superheroes! Pick four logos. I chose Superman, Captain America, Batman, and Green Lantern.
- Next, sketch the front of your card in pencil, so you can erase if you make a mistake. I did lots of that!
- Then outline everything in sharpie, then use the eraser to make all the pencil lines disappear! (Abraaaa-cadabra!)
- Now comes the fun part…COLORING! And you get to use one of my favorite drawing tools…SHARPIES!
- Glue the white piece of paper to the front of the blue folded piece.
- OPTIONAL: You can choose whether or not to add the bow to the card. If you choose to add the bow, you will need a hot glue gun and red ribbon. Tie a bow with the ribbon and glue it to the front of the card, anywhere you want. You can put it on the top, on the bottom, or on either side.
- Yay! You now have an awesome card, and you can write whatever you want on the inside!
Happy Birthday Grandpa!