Hi everybody! Cutting right to the chase, I know (from personal experience) that sometimes it’s very easy to become bored in summer. I mean, there’s only so much swimming, sunbathing, and going to the beach one person can stand, right? Well, this project is a really great boredom buster, because it’s super quick, fun, and easy to make! (And don’t you think the flower is pretty, too?) So let’s get started!
You will need:
- A plastic or other kind of cup
- One sheet of printer paper (This project works with any kind of thin paper, too, but if the paper is too thick, it won’t work.)
- Fold the paper so that one edge folds across and is lined up with the connecting edge, as shown.
- Use the scissors to cut the rectangular strip off so that you are left with a folded triangle shape.
- Unfold the triangle. Now it’s a square!
- Fold each of the points of the square into the middle, so that they’re all touching.
- Repeat step 4 twice.
- Turn the paper over.
- Do step 4 one more time.
- Turn the paper back over. It should look like this:
- This is when you need the cup. Flip the cup upside-down and place the paper on top.
- Pick up one of the edges that was folded into the middle and begin to bend it backwards.
- Continue to bend it backwards, but be very careful, because it’s really easy to rip the paper during this step.
- When you’ve bended it until you can’t bend it any more, this is what it should look like:
- Do the same thing for the other three corners of paper. These are your petals!
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 for the next layer…
- And the next. This is what it should look like once you’ve folded over all the layers:
- Turn it over. Use you hands to shape the flower.
- You’re finished! Take a look at your July flower!
18. Now make ten million in all different colors! You’ll never be bored again! 🙂
19. Just kidding! I’ve only made 5 or 6 myself. Hmmm. I do have some paper left over…