In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, which I think is this Tuesday(…let me check…yes, it’s Tuesday!) today’s blog post includes a St. Patrick’s Day sketch and an awesome recipe. This recipe is for mint cookies and cream cookies. When I found it on the blog Just a Sliver it was originally for plain cookies and cream cookies, but I added some suggestions because St. Patrick’s Day is coming up! I hope you enjoy!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 Oreo’s, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla, mix until combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to wet and mix on low speed until combined.
- Fold in Oreo’s.
- Scoop cookies onto baking sheet (I use cookie scooper).
- Bake 8-10 minutes, until edges just start to brown (don’t overbake!). Let cookies cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Since it’s St. Patrick’s Day, you can use mint Oreos instead of plain ones and add green food coloring to the dough right before you bake the cookies, or you can use the original recipe!
Before you turn off your phone, computer, or other device, take a moment and give a big round of applause for Kelly of the blog Just a Sliver, for her amazing recipe that I used in this post!